We are the leading provider of red-light, speed and school bus stop arm cameras nationwide. These road safety cameras are proven to positively change driver behavior and enhance road safety by reducing the number of collisions, injuries and fatalities that occur as a result of capturing red-light running, speeding and school bus stop arm running.
Speed enforcement safety cameras leverage advanced detection technology, high-resolution images and high-definition video to accurately identify, capture and record speeding vehicles. With multiple deployment options to choose from, we empower our customers with the ability to configure speed enforcement efforts to best enhance safety in their community. We offer several types of speed enforcement camera solutions:
- Fixed speed safety cameras provide effective and continuous speed coverage in communities across the country. 3D tracking radar, high-resolutions images, high-definition video and live streaming are all included in this non-invasive system.
- Transportable speed safety cameras offer the performance of a fixed camera with the flexibility to change locations. The built in high-resolution camera can be configured to trigger at different speeds at different times of the day.
- Mobile speed safety cameras provide communities with the flexibility to take enforcement on the open road. The uniquely compact system can be installed into various vehicles, including SUVs and police cruisers.
- Handheld speed safety cameras enable law enforcement to enforce speed in their community without putting themselves in harm’s way. It allows officers to capture, review and issue citations safely from the roadside.
School Bus Stop-Arm Cameras
School bus stop-arm cameras help protect students getting on and off the school bus safely by reducing the number of school bus passing violations.
CrossingGuard School Bus Stop Arm Enforcement System helps change driver behavior to reduce the number of school bus stop arm violations, protecting the safety and well-being of students. It is a video-based, event-capture system that detects and records clear license plate images of violating vehicles – day and night, across up to four lanes of traffic, in both directions of traffic, without any school bus driver intervention. The technology that drives the system is purpose-built to package all of the evidence of drivers who illegally pass school buses, endangering children. The system uses both motion detection and radar detection to identify potential events. Advanced license plate cameras capture video of vehicles traveling in both directions, on both approaching and receding traffic.
Our AXSIS™ Smart City Platform and violation management module utilizes advanced video analytics to automate the evaluation of potential stop-arm violations against client-defined rules and presents complete evidence packages to law enforcement agencies for review. Many clients further leverage the AXSIS Smart City Platform to perform a host of back-office functions, including printing, mailing, payment processing, court judgements and more.
Red-light enforcement camera programs combine leading technology, accurate and timely processing and unparalleled support. Our systems use the latest detection technologies to identify red-light events, capture comprehensive evidence and deliver an end-to-end solution from site selection to issuing violations and rendering judgements to collection services.
- 81 percent of speed violators do not receive a subsequent violation, according to speed camera analysis in New York City. (Source: NYC Vision Zero)
- At the 13 intersections with red-light and speeding photo enforcement, overall crashes were reduced by 33-35 percent.*
Red-light enforcement camera features include:
- Superior event detection and capture with 3D tracking radar identifies more red-light violations. With the advantage of vehicle tracking – up to 32 at a time – multiple concurrent violations can be detected, resulting in more violations captured.
- Crystal clear, high-definition still images and high-definition video clearly show the violating vehicle, license plate and additional evidence.
- Processing excellence with our proprietary violation processing module within the AXSIS™ Smart City Platform ensures accuracy and validity to provide efficient access to evidence packages of the highest integrity.
- Violation processing solutions with standard, configurable, and custom options that enable municipalities to streamline the process for citizens to view important violation evidence and schedule hearings.
- Community outreach for our customers ensures program success by assisting with public awareness activities and campaigns.
Smart and Safe School Bus Solutions
CrossingGuard+™ makes any school bus, a smart and safe school bus.
In addition to stop arm safety cameras, CrossingGuard+ school buses are equipped with a technology package that includes student ridership, bus tracking and a parental notification app. Riders carry a passive RFID identification card that they scan onboard to log each entry and exit from the bus. The time, date and location of each scan is logged and transmitted to a secure database for immediate access.
School officials receive critical information that includes the location of the bus, who is on the bus and where and when they entered and exited. In the case of an emergency, schools have the information needed to quickly re-route buses, make unplanned stops or locate specific passengers.