- Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device by websites that you visit. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide web services and functionalities for users. For example, they enable you to improve your experience on the Website and enable the Website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the Website or browse from one page to another.
- You do not need to have cookies turned on to visit most of the Website. However, having cookies switched on should allow for a smoother and more tailored browsing experience, and is required for certain parts of the Website’s functionality. In the majority of cases, a cookie does not provide us with any personal information.
Types of Cookies
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. The Website uses both persistent and session cookies.
A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which allows us to collect and analyze (on an anonymous basis) traffic and use of the Website, monitor the system and improve operating performance, for example, store your preferences to enhance your subsequent visits. It will not be automatically deleted when the browser is closed but is stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date).
A session cookie is essential to ensure the correct functioning of the Website and is used to manage registration/login and access to reserved features. It is stored temporarily during a browsing session will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. This Website uses both persistent and session cookies.
A complete list of the cookies we use is set out in the table at the end of this policy. This list (together with the rest of this policy) is subject to change from time to time.
We do not automatically capture or store personal information from browsers to the Website, other than to log your IP address (which in certain circumstances will be your personal data) and session information such as the duration of the visit to our site and the nature of the browser used. This information is used only for administration of the Website and in the compilation of statistics which we use for analysis to improve the Website and understand in general terms who uses our Website.
Cookies may be required to allow you to access and participate in certain areas of the Website. Once you have closed your browser, this type of cookie is deactivated. Like all cookies, you can remove or block particular cookies at any time (see below).
Your Cookie Choices
Most browsers will allow you to alter the settings used for cookies and to disable and enable them as you require.
You can reject all cookies (except strictly necessary cookies) in case you prefer not to receive them, and you can have your computer warn you whenever cookies are being used. You can delete the cookies that are already on your computer and you can set your browser to prevent them from being placed. Disabling cookies may, however, prevent some web services (including on this Website) from working correctly. Please be aware that when you have set your computer to reject cookies, it can limit the functionality of the Website and it is possible then that you will not have access to some of the features on the Website.
To disable cookies, or to receive a warning whenever cookies are being used, you must adjust your browser settings. You can adjust your browser settings to delete certain cookies. Visit the “help” section of your browser for how to manage your cookie settings, or follow the links below:
- Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cookies/en
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Cookies
- Google Chrome:
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
For further general information on cookies and more detailed advice on how to disable and enable them please go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
We require statistical information about the usage of our websites to design them to be user-friendly and improve our services. For this purpose, we use the web analysis tool described in this section below. The usage profiles created by this tool using cookies or by evaluating so-called server log files (see above) are not combined with personal data; in particular, the tool anonymizes IP addresses upon collection.
The following section contains information on the tool provider and how you can object to the collection and processing of data by the tool. Please note that the tool may use so-called opt out cookies to remember your objection. This opt out function relates to a device or browser and is thus valid for the terminal device or browser used at this time. In case you use several terminal devices or browsers you must opt out on every device and in every browser used. Additionally, you can generally avoid the creation of usage profiles by generally deactivating cookie usage.
Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/gb.html or at https://www.google.de/intl/en_uk/policies/.
|_ga||Google Analytics – Third-Party Cookie||Used by Google Analytics to distinguish users and sessions. More info here https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage||Persistent – 2 years||Performance|